Cracked and permeable walls not only lose the aesthetics of the house but also make users feel nervous. In fact, the phenomenon of seepage, cracking can originate from one or more subjective as well as objective reasons. The phenomenon of cracked walls has many causes related to the structure of the building, only a few are related to the choice of construction bricks and construction methods as some of the phenomena mentioned below:
Vertical walls cracked due to high humidity and temperature elasticities
- Vietnam is a country with a tropical climate, often with diverse weather patterns that fluctuate year round. This is one of the important causes leading to the cracked walls of newly built houses.
- The wall of the house uses unburnt bricks of light concrete group, plastering is not used just for special purpose, not the proper construction process will cause this phenomenon. Because the nature of light unburnt bricks has low bearing intensity, poor expansion of the bricks, it is not suitable for the type of climate when it is dry and dry, wet, wet, wet, as in Vietnam.
***Solution: When selecting lightweight unburnt bricks, it is required to use specialized mortar to build and plaster. Choose a worker who has experience building lightweight bricks. The construction method must be in the right process. When plastering, it is required to attach wire meshes before plastering to overcome the poor thermal expansion of lightweight concrete bricks leading to wall cracking.
Walls are not cracked but still permeable
- This is probably due to the fact that the wall was constructed of large porous bricks (porosity of the materials that make up the bricks), such as poor quality bapanh bricks and concrete bricks. Walls are not plastered or plastered with a thin plaster layer leading to seepage.
*** Remedy: When choosing aggregate cement unburnt bricks to build, choose the type of waterproof unburnt bricks, choose bricks of big and reputable unburnt brick factories, modern production technology.
Cracked wall of walls due to longitudinal openings
- This phenomenon happens in some constructions by big block bricks with big size, big thickness (height of bricks). The cause of seepage in these walls is due to the construction habits of the workers. Usually, the bricks are only small in size, the thickness (height) of the bricks is about 5-6 cm low, the amount of mortar between the two built bricks is filled, tightly inserted during construction. However, when building a large block of brick, the thickness of the bricks is 12 cm - 20 cm high, the amount of mortar between the two bricks is not filled, tightly inserted, resulting in the shrinkage of mortar vessels. open when dry.
- So in order not to occur open circuit phenomenon, wall permeability as above, when constructing a large block of bricks, it is only necessary to pay attention to the mason: fully fill, fully insert, and firmly grout the masonry circuits.
- The phenomenon of wall cracking occurs for many reasons. Above are some of the wall cracking phenomenon related to the selection of bricks and construction of unburnt bricks. To make the building beautiful and not cracked by brick, you should find out information about the reputed unburnt brick factories, choose the type of waterproof concrete cement unburnt bricks and good construction methods. this tile.